Job Title: Design Engineer
Location: Halifax, NS
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Weekly Hours: 37.5 hrs/week
Perform a variety of technical engineering design activities to support Jaza Energy’s development of control system hardware and software for solar micro-grid systems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design and optimization of electrical components and circuit boards for energy control systems.
- Design of mechanical components and systems for integration of energy system components.
- Develop control logic and software for control systems.
- Develop manufacturing drawings in accordance with applicable standards.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Construct prototype systems for laboratory and field testing.
- Carry out laboratory testing of components and prototype systems.
- Interface with outside vendors and contractors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly
- Read and interpret technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports.
- Confer with Jaza engineers and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Research and analyze design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering education preferred.
- Firmware development experience preferred.
- Experience designing and building things required (Makers, Hobbyists).
- PCBA / CAD experience preferred.
- Highly organized, strong attention to detail.
Compensation: competitive salary and stock options commensurate with experience.
To apply send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Design Engineer”.