Job Title: PHP Developer
Location: Halifax, NS
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Weekly Hours: 37.5 hrs/week
You will contribute to the development of tools that Jaza uses to manage a growing fleet of distributed energy systems. We have built a database and dashboard to warehouse and analyze real-time customer, energy, asset, and transaction data. You will help build new functionality and maintain the existing base. Initially you will work alongside the contractor who helped build the software, as well as Jaza engineers, with the intention of brining all software development in-house.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Integration of front and back end elements
- Data model and database design
- Dashboard development and maintenance
- Build efficient, testable, and scalable PHP modules in Laravel
- Solve complex performance problems and architectural challenges
- Deploy and maintain server infrastructure
Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of PHP web frameworks (Laravel)
- Understanding of MVC design patterns
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP programming
- Strong knowledge of the common PHP or web server exploits and their solutions
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system
- Familiarity with limitations of PHP as a platform and its workarounds
- Familiarity with SQL databases and their declarative query languages
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
Compensation: Competitive salary and stock options commensurate with experience.
To apply send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject “PHP Developer”.